View all frequently asked questions
View FAQ Tags
AFRINIC membership and resources related billing FAQs.
AFRINIC WHOIS related FAQs
General FAQs related to AFRINIC activites
MyAFRINIC portal related FAQs
Membership related queries
FAQ for Existing members
AFRINIC BPKI Services
All fee invoices are due upon receipt of the invoice from AFRINIC or within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
Members must ensure that the following information is included in their wire transfer instruction to their banks and request that the bank quote such references on the remittance document:
- AFRINIC Invoice number
- Member’s name
- Members Org_Handle
AFRINIC offers a 50% discount on both Setup fees and annual membership fees to all Academic & Research Institutions. However, in order to qualify, the member must demonstrate:
- It is a recognised Academic & Research Institution in its home country
- the exclusive use of assigned/allocated resources for not-for profit academic or research activities.
- AFRINIC may in some circumstances request additional information for validation purposes.
YES, AFRINIC may consider requests from LIR members to have their billing period to be set to Quarterly or half-yearly. However, such request must reach AFRINIC before 1st of November and a fee of US$ 75 shall be levied on each invoice. Such request shall be considered from LIR members ONLY.
All queries and inquiries regarding invoices and payments must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Organisation name and Org_Handle must be quoted on all communications. Alternatively, written communication must be addressed to:
The Billing Team,
11th Floor, Raffles Tower
Ebene Cyber City
Tel: +230 403 5100
Fax: +230 466 6758
- Operational Advantage
- Independency from your upstream provider/ISP(no renumbering headaches when changing providers).
- Ability to multihome(minimise downtime, improved service levels)
- You can request for IP addresses that will meet your actual needs as well as projected needs for the next 12 months
- To Decrease your dependency on NAT & enhance the services to your customers
- You can implement the routing policies that better suit your company and services.
Any organisation geographically based in, and providing services within the AFRINIC service region can request for IP resources from AFRINIC.
The list of countries forming part of the AFRINIC service region are available here