View all frequently asked questions
View FAQ Tags
AFRINIC membership and resources related billing FAQs.
AFRINIC WHOIS related FAQs
General FAQs related to AFRINIC activites
MyAFRINIC portal related FAQs
Membership related queries
FAQ for Existing members
AFRINIC BPKI Services
Membership related queries
- Operational Advantage
- Independency from your upstream provider/ISP(no renumbering headaches when changing providers).
- Ability to multihome(minimise downtime, improved service levels)
- You can request for IP addresses that will meet your actual needs as well as projected needs for the next 12 months
- To Decrease your dependency on NAT & enhance the services to your customers
- You can implement the routing policies that better suit your company and services.
Any organisation geographically based in, and providing services within the AFRINIC service region can request for IP resources from AFRINIC.
The list of countries forming part of the AFRINIC service region are available here
AFRINIC members have access to AFRINIC member services:-
- Access to IP resources
- Preferential access to LIR training courses
- Preferential access to IPv6 technical training
- RPKI and DNSSEC training
- Priority to attend the AFRINIC meetings
- Technical support
- Apply for membership via the portal available at https://my.AFRINIC.net/registration.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated response with a Ticket Number referenced in the subject, and a soft copy of the Registration Service Agreement as attachment.
- An AFRINIC staff will then contact you by email within 1 working day
The request to get IP resources shall be evaluated by our AFRNIC team according to the current policies on membership and resource allocation which can be found as below:
• Eligibility criteria: https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/membership-eligibility
• AFRINIC's policies: https://www.afrinic.net/library/policies/current?lang=en
• Registration Service Agreement (RSA) to signed by the new member: https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/rsa
• AFRINIC's registration fees schedule: https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/membership-fees
• AFRINIC service region (Africa and indian Ocean): https://www.afrinic.net/en/about-us/service-region
In order to proceed faster and timely with your request within 15 working days, AFRINIC has set up this following procedure and steps that aims to bring closed collaboration between AFRINIC Team and the requestor.
1. Online registrationby the requestor
Go to https://my.afrinic.net/registration and fill in the online registration form. Please make sure that the organisation’s name is its legal name (as stated on the certificate of incorporation/founding documents).
2. Eligibility and IP resources evaluation by the Hostmaster Team
Along with your online registration kindly send us
- any founding document determining your eligibility in term of your presence and operations in AFRINIC region like as certificate of incorporation or any legal operation services certificate from local authority and
- any founding document justifying your resource request like as Network description, Adressing plan and certificate
Please note that we may request for additional documentation along the way that as necessary during evaluation of your new membership
3. Invoice Issuing to the requestor by the Finance Team
Upon eligibility and IP resource approved, the Billing department will issue an invoice to the requestor for membership fees payment according to the fees categories (https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/membership-fees)
4. Invoice payment by the requestor
If your request for resources is approved, you will receive a proforma invoice according to your membership category (https://www.afrinic.net/en/services/rs/membership-fees). Payment can be done through wire transfer or credit card.
5. RSA to be filled and sent to AFRINIC by the requestor
After the Hostmaster Team has approved your IP resource request, you will be required to sign the RSA. We strongly suggest that members make two original copies of the RSA and scan or fax (+230 466 67 58) one signed copy of the document to AFRINIC. It is of importance that you then send one original signed copy by express mail to AFRINIC.
Kindly note that the RSA:
- Should be signed on every page
- All contacts provided
We strongly advise our members to provide at least two different contact persons for the administrative, billing and technical purposes.
As stated above, one original RSA should be sent to the following address:
11th Floor, Raffles Tower
Phone Number: +230 403 51 00
6. IP Resources release to the member by the hostmaster Team.
Upon reception of the RSA signed and invoice payment the hostmaster Team will release the resources within 24 hours.
In order to keep on improving AFRINIC services to its members, the member that has assigned or allocated resources is invited to share with us his/her feedback on the AFRINIC registration process on the services mailing list
The RSA is legal contract that binds AFRINIC with its members.