RIR Workshop Agenda
Proposed Emerging RIR Workshop Agenda
The workshop will be held on June 2-3.
Attendees AFRINIC Nii Quainor - Ghana Mouhamet Diop - Senegal Adiel Akplogan - Togo/France (Hostmaster) Ernest Byaruhanga - Uganda / The Nederlands (Hostmaster) Sunday Folayan - Nigeria Theo Kramer - South Africa Ant Brooks - South Africa Brian Longwe - Kenya LACNIC Raul Echeberria - CEO Irene Suffia - Business Manager Ricardo Patara - Registration Services Manager Frederico Neves - CTO Pablo Allietti - Engineer Hartmut Glaser - Board Member ARIN Ray Plzak - CEO Bob Stratton - Business Manager Ginny Listman - ARIN Director of Engineering RIPE Axel Pawlik - Managing Director Andrei Robachevsky - CTO Jochem de Ruig (CFO) Leo Vegoda - Manager Registration Services APNIC Paul Wilson - Director General ICANN One person to be confirmed (maybe John Crain or Paul Twomey)
Sunday 1st. - People arriving. Sunday 1st - 7.30 pm. Welcome drink in the Pedro Figari Hotel. (some people from Africa will arrive at 10 pm. ) Monday 2nd. - 9 am - 6 pm. - working session. Monday 2nd - 8 pm. Social dinner hosted by LACNIC. Tuesday 3rd - 9 am - 5 pm - working session. AGENDA PROPOSAL. This is a proposal to be discussed among us.
DAY 1 (JUNE 2)
9 - 9.30 - Starting, Introduction.
- Political and General aspects of an Emerging RIR process. 9.30 - 10.00 - General Aspects of the LACNIC's Process. Political issues. Raul 10.00 -10.30 - The LACNIC process. The ARIN's view. Learned lessons. Ray. 10.30 - 11.00 - Comments from RIPE and APNIC (Political Aspects of an Emerging RIR's process) 11.00 - 11.30 - Comments from AFRINIC and Debate.
- A New RIR, Business aspects. 11.30 - 11.45 - The steps to set up a new organization. Irene Suffia (LACNIC - Business Manager), Raul Echeberria. 11.45 - 12.15 - Business transition (ARIN - LACNIC). The LACNIC's experience. Troubles and success. Irene Suffia. 12.15 - 12.30 - The Transition. The ARIN's experience. Bob Stratton. Business Manager of ARIN. 12.30 - 14.15 - LUNCH 14.15 - 14.30 - Management Experiences in LACNIC after one year. 14.30 - 15.00 - Comments from RIPE and APNIC (remarking the key points in the business start up) 15.00 - 15.30 - Comments from AFRINIC and debate. 15.30 - 16.00 - Break.
- Registration Services' Activities 16.00 - 16.30 - LACNIC's Registration Services Startup - Ricardo Patara 16.30 - 16.45 - Supporting the transition. Registration Services. - ARIN's staff. 16.45 - 17.00 - Implementing the own Policy Development Process - Raul Echeberria. 17.00 - 17.30 - Comments from RIPE and APNIC. 17.30 - 18.00 - Comments from AFRINIC and debate. 20.00 - Social Dinner. DAY 2 (JUNE 3) 9.00 - 9.15 - Starting.
- Engineer Aspects. Building a new RIR. 9.15 - 10.00 - Building a new RIR. (Preparing the system, data migration, infrastructure) 10.00 - 10.30 - Supporting the transition. Engineering. ARIN's staff. 10.30 - 11.00 - Comments from RIPE and APNIC. 11.00 - 12.00 - Comments from AFRINIC and DEBATE.
- AFRINIC PROCESS. 12.00 - 12.45 - AFRINIC. Status report. Things to be solved. Timeline. 12.45 - 14.30 - LUNCH. 14.30 - 17.00 -
Conclusions. Brainstorming, Exchange of ideas.