22 March 2016 - We hereby announce that the 2016 Call for Nominations to the AFRINIC Board of Directors is now open.
To nominate yourself or a person of your choice, please complete the nomination form available here.
2016 Nomination Period closes on 30th April 2016 at 20:00 UTC.
As per Section 13 of the AFRINIC Bylaws, the following Board seats are up for renewal in June 2016:
- Seat 1: Northern Africa (currently held by Haitham el Nakhal).
- Seat 2: Western Africa (currently held by Sunday Folayan).
- Seat 7: Non-geographical (currently held by Aminata Garba).
Any suitably qualified person residing in one of the above regions can be nominated (for that sub-region) provided they comply with the requirements in Section 13 of the by-laws.
A nominee shall:
- However nominated, shall be endorsed by two people (neither of which can be the candidate) from two different membership organisations that are in good standing.
- Have participated in at least two (2) AFRINIC events whether physically or online in the past three (3) years; (events include: twice yearly AFRINIC Meetings, AFRINIC scheduled Trainings)
- Have at least five (5) years professional experience in an area relevant to AFRINIC activities, such as Internet Resource Management, ICT, policy development, finance, audit and HR management;
- Be available and committed to participate in Board meetings and other AFRINIC activities (face-to-face and online).
It is expected that proposed candidates should be able to attend the upcoming AFRINIC-24 Meeting, taking place in Gaborone, Botswana, in person on the day of the election, 9th June 2016, where they will have an opportunity to introduce themselves to the members and make a short presentation during the Annual General Members Meeting (AGMM). Details on the election process can be found here.