March 14 2017 - NomCom2017 is pleased to announce that the AFRINIC Board Nomination process is open for the following seats:
Seat 3 (Indian Ocean), currently held by Kris Seeburn;
Seat 4 (Central Africa), currently held by Christian D. Bope;
Seat 8 (Non-geographical), currently held by Andrew Alston
We are pleased to invite nominations for candidates to fill the above seats to serve three-year terms from July 2017 to June 2020. Any suitable natural person residing in one of the above regions can be nominated (for that sub-region) provided they comply with the requirements in Section 13 of the by-laws.
A nominee shall:
- Be nominated by one (1) AFRINIC member in good standing or be formally endorsed by at least two (2) AFRINIC members in good standing in case of self-nomination. A member can nominate no more than one candidate, and can second any number of candidates..
- Have participated in at least two (2) AFRINIC events (physically or online) in the past three (3) years;
- Have at least five (5) years professional experience in an area relevant to AFRINIC activities, such as Internet Resource Management, ICT, policy development, finance, audit and HR management;
- Not be a member of a decision-making body (such as a Board) of an organization which may create any conflict of interest;
- Be available and committed to participate in Board meetings and other AFRINIC activities (face-to-face and online).
Kindly note the following as stipulated in Section 11 of the AFRINIC bylaws:
No person shall be appointed or hold office as a Director if he is a person who:
- is under 18 years of age;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- would, but for the repeal of Section 117 of the Companies Act 1984 of Mauritius, be prohibited from being a Director or promoter of, or being concerned or taking part in the management of, a company within the meaning of that Act;
- is prohibited from being a director or promoter of or being concerned or taking part in the management of a company under Sections 337 or 338 of the Act;
- is not a natural person; or
- has been adjudged to have been of unsound mind
To nominate yourself or a person of your choice, please complete the nomination form available here.
The Closure of the Candidate Nomination period is 22nd April 2017 at 20:00 UTC.
Note: It is expected that candidates should be able to attend AFRINIC-26 in person on the Day of Election (01 June 2017) where they will be afforded an opportunity to introduce themselves and make a short presentation to the community during the Annual General Members Meeting. The meeting will take place in Nairobi, Kenya from 31st May-02 June 2017.
For more information on the election process, click here