March 15 2017 - The AFRINIC NomCom2017 is pleased to invite nominations for 1 Co-Chair of the Policy Development Working Group (PDWG) for a 2-year term. June 2017 to June 2019. The Seat is currently held by Dewole Ajao.
PDWG co-chairs are volunteers selected by the community as provided for in the current Policy Development Process (PDP). Their responsibilities are as follows:
- Creating reports (summaries) of mailing list discussions in preparation for face to face meetings.
- Chairing the meeting sessions and declaring consensus.
- Creating post-meeting policy report and posting to the mailing list.
- Sending notifications of Last Call and evaluating consensus or not thereof.
- Writing report to the board to recommend ratification of policy proposals that gained consensus.
- Evaluating emergencies that necessitate varying the normal policy development process.
Open to individuals residing within the AFRINIC service region. All nominations (including self-nominations) shall be supported by a minimum of two AFRINIC community members; the two individuals must not work for the same organization.
A person may only nominate one candidate - and, in case of multiple nominations by the same person, only the last nomination will be considered valid. AFRINIC or other RIR staff can neither nominate candidates nor be nominated.
Nominations must be submitted using this nomination form. Please browse to the pages below for more information about the PDWG and related material:
Deadline for Nominations
The Closure of the Candidate Nomination period is 22nd April 2017 at 20:00 UTC.
Please note that the election will take place during the AFRINIC-26 meeting in Nairobi, Kenya from 31st May-02 June 2017.An eligible voter shall be any non-AFRINIC staff who has registered to attend (and is present at) the AFRINIC-26 meeting. A registration badge shall be requested as proof.