The Call for Fellowships for the AIS'15 meeting, being held from 24 May to 5 June 2015 , in Tunis, Tunisia, is now open.
The AFRINIC Fellowships are reserved for individuals representing organisations, universities, and media, who are actively involved in Internet operations, Internet development, or ICT policies in their countries.
Selected candidates are expected to actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
- To qualify for a fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don't need to be an AFRINIC member
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- Must not have benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- Are willing to report on how the Fellowship benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed time frame
Upon selection, candidates will be notified and will have seven (7) days to respond to the offer.
A public announcement of the Fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance of the selected candidates has been received.
Please find below the schedule for the Fellowship process:
- Call closes on: 12th April
- Selected fellows contacted on: 20th April
- Deadline for fellowship acceptance: 30th April
- Fellows list announced on: 4th May
The Fellowship includes:
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodations for participation at the event during the plenary session days
- Daily stipend
If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the Fellowship application form upon registration (http://internetsummitafrica.org/en/attend/register-log-in) and submit it with requested information before 13th April 2015.