Statement from the I* Leaders Coordination Meeting, Santa Monica, 14 February 2014
Leaders of the organizations responsible for coordination of the Internet technical infrastructure (loosely referred to as “I* leaders”) met last week in Santa Monica, California, USA. During the 2-day meeting, they discussed activities underway and exchanged views and updates on a range of topics including:
• IETF and W3C efforts to improve overall Internet privacy and security.
• Globalization of the IANA functions.
• The 1net initiative, website and new collaboration forum.
• The “Netmundial” – Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance.
• ICANN strategy panels and globalisation efforts.
• Preparations for the 2014 ITU Plenipotentiary Conference .
• Web 25th anniversary and W3C 20th anniversary planning.