03 June 2015
AFRINIC BOARD OBSERVATIONS TO THE COMMUNITY
1. The AFRINIC Board met on 31 May 2015 and received a report from its Audit Committee on the 2014 annual audit and also received the draft 2014 Financial Statements (FS). The Board reconvened on 1 June 2015 to further consider the reports from the Audit Committee.
2. The Board has found it necessary to send this statement of its observations so that the community has time to consider the details in preparation for the AGMM.
3. The Board also attaches the final draft of the 2014 Financial Statements as a follow up on its first release of a preliminary draft provided on 25 May 2015.
4. The Board notes that its Audit Committee met as scheduled on 20 May 2015 to consider the Audit Report from the AFRINIC external auditor, KPMG, that was due on 15 May 2015. This was followed up by another meeting on 29 May 2015 that was designed to prepare a report for the Board.
5. The Boards notes that the 2014 audit was to be conducted and monitored based on a time-line that was agreed by the Board through its Audit Committee, AFRINIC secretariat coordinated by the Finance Director and the Auditor, KPMG.