Board of Directors (BOD) election - process
- Board of Directors (BOD) election - process
- The Election Process
- Election Timelines
- How to Nominate
- Verifying Nominations
- Finalising the Slate of Candidates
- Notification of Candidates
6) Finalising the Slate of Candidates
The NomCom will review all completed nominations to verify that the nomination process was followed and will review nomination forms to determine that all nominees meet the general criteria as defined in section 13.12:
The NomCom shall, as far as practically possible, seek the following additional conditions for the eligibility of candidates to the position of Board Director.
- Previous Board or organisational leadership experience
- Skills in business management and leadership
- Fund raising for not-for-profit organisations experience
- Network Operations and Internet Services experience
- International Business development Experience.
The NomCom may decide to conduct interviews or further background checks on candidates.The Chair of the NomCom decides the means to be used for such further evaluation, in which case, are port must be provided to the Staffand the NomCom. The Chairman of the NomCom then forwards the slate of candidates to the AFRINIC Staff for publication.