Call for Volunteers - 2014 Nominations Committee
As is customary, there will be several elections held in our community during 2014 as follows:
- 06/2014: AFRINIC Board (3 seats - Indian Ocean, Central Africa and Non-Geo)
- 06/2014: Policy Development Working Group: 1 co-Chair.
- 11/2014: NRO-NC/ICANN ASO AC (1 Representative)
Per Section 9 of the AFRINIC by-laws, a Nominations Committee (NomCom) appointed by the Board must work to ensure that appropriate candidates are nominated to contest for open seats and that all elections are successfully conducted according to current procedures.
The NomCom shall be composed of 4 members as follows:
- 1 member selected from within the AFRINIC Board
- 3 members selected by the AFRINIC Board from the community.
We are now looking for volunteers from the community to fill the three open positions on the 2014 NomCom. For fairness, volunteers are expected to not be from a region where a Board seat is up for renewal.