Resource Policy Manual - DRAFT
- Resource Policy Manual - DRAFT
- 2. General Definitions
- 3. The Policy Development Process (PDP)
- 4. Hierarchy of number resource distribution
- 5. IPv4
- 6. IPv6
- 7. ASN
- 8. “Abuse” Contact Information
- 9. Temporary Resource Allocation & Assignment
- 10. Reverse delegation
Policies for managing IP number resources in the AFRINIC service region are created through a Policy Development Process (PDP) which describes the steps through which policy proposals are submitted, considered, debated (by the community) and adopted (by AFRINIC). This document contains ratified and implemented policies that have gone through the PDP as described in 3.0 of the same document (below).
AFRINIC is a non-for-profit independent organisation serving as one of the five Regional Internet Registries (RIR's). Its service region incorporates the African continent and part of the Indian Ocean (Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros and Reunion).