Board of Directors (BOD) election - process
- Board of Directors (BOD) election - process
- The Election Process
- Election Timelines
- How to Nominate
- Verifying Nominations
- Finalising the Slate of Candidates
- Notification of Candidates
According to Sections 13 of the AFRINIC bylaws; each year, two to three Board seats are opened for elections according to regional seat numbers. Elections will take place during the Annual General Members Meeting that is normally held in the month of May or June.
Board seats are numbered from 1 to 9. While only 1-8 are elected by the community.
The election is conducted according to the following sequence:
- Election for seats 1, 2 and 7 (North, West and one Independent).
- Election for seats 3, 4 and 8 (Indian Ocean, Central and One Independent)
- Election for seats 5 and 6 (South and East)
The logistic of the elections and its running will be managed by the Election committee.