26 August 2015 - The Call for Fellowships for the AFRINIC-23 meeting, being held from 28 November to 4 December in Pointe Noire, Congo is now open.
The AFRINIC Fellowships are reserved for individuals representing organisations, universities, and media, who are actively involved in Internet operations, Internet development, or ICT policies in their countries.
Selected candidates are expected to actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for a fellowship, you:
• Must be a resident of an African nation
• Don't need to be an AFRINIC member
• Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
• Must not have benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
• Must be willing to report on how the Fellowship benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed timeframe
Upon selection, candidates will be notified and will have eleven (11) days to respond to the offer.
A public announcement of the Fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance of the selected candidates has been received.
Please find below the schedule for the Fellowship process:
• Call closes on: 26 September 2015
• Selected fellows contacted on: 6 October 2015
• Deadline for Fellowship acceptance: 17 October 2015
• Fellows list announced on: 21 October 2015
The Fellowship includes:
• Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
• Hotel accommodations for participation at the event during the plenary session days
• Daily stipend
If you think you meet the criteria stated above, please fill in the Fellowship application form here and submit it with requested information before 27 September 2015.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your applications!