AFRINIC Meetings, Africa Internet Summit (AIS) Meetings and the AFRINIC mailing lists are intended for information dissemination, discussion and knowledge-share. The AFRINIC community is a collaborative environment in which people from many different backgrounds and cultures work together for the good of the African and global Internet. Those who participate in AFRINIC and AIS Meetings, either in person or remotely, or on the AFRINIC mailing lists are expected to behave professionally and respectfully at all times. Harassment, intimidating or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.
We ask that all AFRINIC community participants:
- Treat others with politeness and respect.
- Avoid behaviour or remarks that give offence or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnic origin, language, or other perceived social, cultural, or personal differences.
- Personal attacks or otherwise defamatory or discriminatory comments will not be tolerated.
- If you disagree with somebody, please state your opinion calmly and politely.
- Respect the agenda: Please keep your remarks on-topic for the relevant part of the meeting.
- Respect the timekeeping: Please keep your remarks reasonably short, and if the session leader closes the microphones before you have had chance to speak, then please return to your seat.
- Respect language differences, translators, and remote participants: Please speak slowly and clearly, and please use the microphones.
- Act in the best interests of the AFRINIC community at all times.
Inappropriate behaviour may lead to you being asked to leave the meeting or to be unsubscribed from the mailing lists.
Enforcement of Code of Conduct
In the rpd mailing list, responsibility to enforce the code of conduct lies with the PDWG co-chairs. If you observe a violation of the code of conduct, please send email to the co-chairs via 'pdwg [at] afrinic dot net'.
In the members and community mailing lists, responsibility to enforce the code of conduct lies with the CEO, or staff designated by the CEO.
In the case of community mailing lists, the CEO or staff will not take action without a complaint. If you observe a violation of the code of conduct, please send email to 'ceo [at] afrinic dot net'.