AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-31 meeting to be held in Luanda, Angola, on 2-6 December 2019. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don't need to be an AFRINIC member
- Are involved in the Internet community
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your Organisation/country within an agreed time frame.
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them twenty (20) days to accept or reject the offer.
A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after acceptance by the selected candidates.
Please find hereafter the schedule for the fellowship process:
Close of applications: 20 August 2019
Notification to selected fellows: 9 September 2019
Deadline for acceptance by awarded fellow: 25 September 2019
Final announcement and publication of the fellowship list: 2 October 2019
The fellowship includes:
- Full assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation for the AFRINIC event from the day before the beginning to the last day of the event
If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the fellowship application form at https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-31/en/attend/fellowship and submit it with requested information before 20 August 2019, 00:00 UTC.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your applications!
AFRINIC Communications Team