The AFRINIC Governance Committee is a standing committee whose purpose is to advise the AFRINIC Board, AFRINIC Membership, and the community, on matters of governance.
NomCom is hereby calling for nominations from the community for one Governance Committee position up for election, to serve a three-year term from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2024. The seat is currently held by Dr Alioune Badara Traore.
The Nomination Committee (NomCom2021) wishes to receive Nominations from all of the AFRINIC sub-regions and are explicitly looking for both Gender and Language diversity although a working understanding of the English language is required.
The GC Charter is available at https://www.afrinic.net/committees/governance-committee#tor
The nomination and election process is available at https://www.afrinic.net/election-process/board/2021
- GC members shall be resident in the AFRINIC service region.
- None of the elected members may be an AFRINIC Director or an AFRINIC employee.
- A valid nomination must originate from or be submitted by an authorized and registered contact person of the nominating member organization. The nomination must also be seconded/endorsed by at least one additional AFRINIC member, different from the nominating member organization. Nominators and seconders/endorsers must all be AFRINIC members in good standing.
- Self-nominations are permitted and must be endorsed by 2 distinct AFRINIC members in good standing.
To nominate yourself or a candidate of your choice, please complete the nomination form at https://registration.afrinic.net/elections/govcom-nomination-2021
Deadline for Nominations
The Closure of the Candidate Nomination period is 8th April 2021 at 23:59UTC
Please note that the election will take place during the AFRINIC-33 will be held online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic situation the whole world is in now.
Notice: Please note that any person convicted of a crime involving dishonesty; fraud or breach of trust shall not be considered for this position.
2021 ELECTIONS TIMELINE
In view of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, AFRINIC Community Meetings, including both its AGMM and the Public Policy Meeting (i.e. AFRINIC-33 meeting AIS21) will be held online. The following timeline shall be used as far as practical.
- 13TH MARCH 2021 CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- 8TH APRIL 2021 CLOSE OF NOMINATIONS
- 30TH APRIL 2021 PUBLICATION OF CANDIDATES
- 5TH MAY 2021 OPENING OF PUBLIC COMMENTS TO THE CANDIDATES
- 20TH MAY 2021 E-VOTING AND PROXY REGISTRATION OPEN
- 29TH MAY 2021 CLOSE OF PROXY REGISTRATION
- 4TH JUNE 2021 ELECTION DAY AND END OF ELECTRONIC VOTING
Note: THIS TIME VOTING WILL DONE ELECTRONICALLY.